Sunday, March 17, 2013

March already?

Is it March already?  The last few weeks have just flown by and with "real life" being rather obnoxious, it's been hard trying to find some time for myself.  Whenever I can manage to grab a few hours, I pull out French Country Kitchen Garden.  Part 1 has been slow going with all of the confetti.  However, I am totally enamored with this piece.  Buttery browns, sweet and sticky pinks, delicate grays, bursts of blue, hardy greens; this palate is really speaking to me. With each color change, I find myself delighted and strangely at peace.  Funny how that happens.  





Finally gotten the knack of parking, and it has helped tremendously.  My little country cottage is making an appearance and that's helping to keep me motivated.

I've also managed a very small start on Windswept.  There won't be much to share for a while since the first few pages of this chart are almost exclusively 1 solid color – DMC 712.  But I’m determined to enjoy the background work.  Very little counting, no color changes, no needle swapping, no frustrated frogging.  To stave off color boredom, I picked a hand-dyed fabric to keep my senses happy.  The fabric is a 25 count Lugana called Stormy Skies.  It has this marbled grey/silvery green thing going on.  It's my first HAED and I'm hoping to have her all done by the end of this year.  Oh gosh -- is it March already?



And here is my TUSAL contribution for March 2013.  Most ORTS are from French Country. 



Happy Stitching!


5 comments:

  1. Great progress on the cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really artful stitching. Have a nice week.
    Magdalena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all the colors in the cottage piece and I'd love to learn about parking. Your second piece is also going to be beautiful. Keep up the great stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was up in the attic today and found a box of all my old cross stitch threads, hoops, fabric, etc. I am thinking I need to get it out and start something.

    Your pieces are looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete